Monday, May 06, 2013

nature's clockwork....

Snow melted on Thursday.
The Maple sprouted on Friday.
The grass turned green on Saturday.

I marvel at nature's clockwork.

There is a flurry of activities.
Neighbours greeting each other.
Patios and yards are being spruced up.
Nurseries are the hot spots.
Bikers galore.
Painted toes and flip-flops.
Evening chai on our patio table.

Making the most of this delightful season.

Lake Harriet...
Someone had written beautiful messages on the path...

Evening shadows...

Remnants of a season gone by...
7.pm sunlight....


Ash glaze on a fish platter...
Succulents and leaves...

It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want —oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!
~Mark Twain

6 comments:

Amtrips said...

Greetings from Bangalore Archana..!
as always beautiful photo series to make any feel as if they are a part of your this world..! love the mugs, the fish platter and the two succulents.. :)

Anupama Puneeth said...

I second those thoughts arch...the transition is so magical and absolutely love it. Enjoy the new season. btw are those pottery that you made ? :)

Archana Srinivas Pottery said...

Thanks:-)

Anupama~ The pottery is not made by me, but soon;-)

Unknown said...

my my my!what are those succulents feeding on?!!!

Moushumi - Rainbows and Cloudbursts said...

Love each and every one of the pictures Archana!
I have recently moved to warm and humid Singapore, from London and I miss Spring terribly. Much as I love this new city and the heat is a welcome relief but I just miss walking around and seeing crocuses and daffs in bloom and the roads littered with petals and flowers everywhere.

Anonymous said...

love the pictures especially of the Mission and Muir Woods. I live in SF and have visited these places many times and really enjoyed your take of these sights!

BTW what camera do you use